We’ve finally made it to December, and I think congratulations are in order. December is a month we always look forward to because it means special times are among us. We look towards the end of the year and reflect on the good and bad times and find comfort in the upcoming year’s unknown. As this challenging year comes to an end, we get to enjoy this holiday season just a little differently, and we hope that the New Year brings more health and happiness than 2020 probably did.
Though this year was difficult and strange for all of us, it has highlighted how strong a global community we can be. Within almost a year of this pandemic circulating the globe and affecting hundreds of thousands of different communities and millions of people, scientists have worked collaboratively to develop a vaccine — which was officially administered to the first American nurse on December 14th!
As a small business, we are thankful for the overwhelming amount of support, inquiries, and love we have received this year from our clients. We hope that through our hard work, we have brought something a little better to your lives — something brighter, something lighter, and something with a bit more Hope®. At Doctor Aromas, this year meant adjusting to new social distancing guidelines, working from home, changing production and packaging methods, wearing masks, and shifting to online meetings within the company. It was hard, but we did it, and we were able to share new products with you and launch new campaigns— any Nostalgia or Alegria fans?!
As we reflect, however, it wasn’t all bad; in fact, here is a list of some fantastic things that happened this year!
- SpaceX sent its first two astronauts into space for the first time. The first two Americans launching from U.S. soil in nearly a decade!
- A man in Arkansas found a 9.07-carat diamond in a state park thinking it was a piece of glass
- A 7-year-old threw a personal prom for his babysitter after hers was canceled
- John Krasinski made a YouTube series “Some Good News” that brought many (maybe even us) to tears
- Ford, GM, Tesla, and other automakers were able to make ventilators and other medical devices to help with the pandemic.
- The Academy Award for best picture went to an international feature film for the first time in Academy HISTORY: "Parasite."
If this wasn’t enough, here are 50 more good things that happened so far in 2020:
We wish you all the happiest of holidays, and we can’t wait to show you what 2021 has in store for you at Doctor Aromas.