Personalizing Your Space Using Aromatherapy
It’s that time of year; grads are packing up and going to college, which can only mean one thing – it’s time to decorate!
Grads are getting ready to hit the books and experience the “freedom of adulthood” (wait till the books actually hit them). Parents are left with some extra space while grads create a new one for themselves in dorms and apartments.
So how can you and your grad personalize your new spaces? Here are four aspects of decoration that can really impact personal space:
· Citrusy scents can refresh and revitalize
· Vanilla infused scents can warm and calm
· Flower and musk scents can build self-confidence and diminish fears
Color: can affect you in different ways. Depending on your palette, your space can have multiple impacts.
· Blue is the color of the sky and ocean and helps create a calming and tranquil environment.
· Yellow is the color of the sun and instills optimism and energy as well as sparks creativity.
· Green is the color of nature and is considered peaceful and refreshing
Space: to make a small space feel larger try hanging mirrors on the walls, it gives the illusion that the room is larger. You can also get creative with storage utilizing space under your couch or bed to store items and even using some non-conventional methods including:
· Using crates for storage (this can give a rustic feel)
· Using baskets as shelves
· Creating a quirky “bulletin board” out of cork trivets
· Using leather straps as hangers or holders
Plants: can improve your mood and the air quality of your space (plants soak up pollutants and give off oxygen). Low-maintenance plants such as succulents or bamboo plant are great choices. You can even bring in fresh flowers every couple of weeks or so for a splash of color.
Want more decoration inspiration? Check out our Pinterest board on Decorating Your Space.